Nutmeg Flavored Buttercream Frosting
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
For Single Recipe
(One 13x9x2 sheet cake)
- 2½ tablespoons butter; softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ tablespoons milk
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
For Double Recipe
(Double Layer 9-Inch Round Cake)
- ⅓ cup butter (5⅓ tablespoons); softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
Cream butter until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla, milk, powdered sugar, and nutmeg.
- Beat until frosting has a smooth consistency; adding milk if necessary.