- Making dough: 15 minutes
- Refrigeration time: 2 to 24 hours
Ingredients to be Creamed:
- 1¼ cups butter, softened (2½ sticks butter)
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 3¼ cups flour
- 1½ teaspoons ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
Nutmeg Powdered Sugar Icing:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons to 2 tablespoons hot water
Cream 1¼ cups butter on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
- Add 1½ cups powdered sugar.
- On medium speed mix powdered sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Mix in moist ingredients.
- Mix in dry ingredients. Beat on medium speed until incorporated.
- Place dough in a covered bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400°. If using a convection oven preheat on pure convection to 375°.
- Lightly grease cookie sheets. Click here to learn more about how to grease cookie sheets.
- Break off 3-inch rounds of dough. Roll on a flat surface with the palms of your hands until a long, thin, log has been formed. The log should be about ½-inch in diameter.
- Slice logs into 1½ to 2-inch pieces.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake until set, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheet; cool.
- Frost with nutmeg powdered sugar icing. To make icing see comments section below.