Oatmeal Kiss Cookies
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Baking time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
Ingredients to be Creamed:
- 1 cup butter, softened (1 stick)
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt (omit if using salted butter)
Ingredients to Fold In:
- 2½ cups oats
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- One 11-ounce bag Hershey's kisses, unwrapped (approximately 65 to 70 kisses)
Preheat oven to 375°. If you are using a convection oven choose the pure convection setting at 350°.
- Unwrap kisses and place on a piece of waxed paper or a plate; set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in eggs.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt; mix well.
- Mix in oats and walnuts.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and immediately press an unwrapped kiss on top of each cookie.
- Remove from cookie sheet to a wire rack.
- Cool completely.