Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Ingredients to be Creamed:
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt (if using unsalted butter increase salt to ½ teaspoon)
Ingredients to Fold In:
- 3 cups old fashioned oats (do not use quick oats)
- 1 cup raisins
- ½ cup ground walnuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 375°. If using a convection oven set the oven on pure convection 350°. Note: If you have a convection oven, you would use the convection setting if you are baking more than one cookie sheet at a time.
- Lightly grease cookie sheets and set aside. Click here to learn more about how to grease cookie sheets.
- In a large mixer bowl. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
- On low speed mix in oats, raisins, and optional walnuts.
- Spoon batter onto cookie sheet forming loosely shaped 1-inch balls.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes; until golden brown.