Old Fashioned Oatmeal Raisin Spice Cookies
Ingredients to be Creamed:
- 1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 1 cup brown sugar
Moist Ingredients to Add to Creamed:
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Dry Ingredients Mixed in Medium-Sized Bowl:
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Oatmeal, Raisins, and Nuts:
- 2½ cups oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 375°. If using a convection oven, use the pure convection setting at 350°.
- Lightly grease cookie sheets and set aside. Click here to learn more about how to grease cookie sheets.
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy; approximately 1 minute.
- Add eggs and vanilla; mix scraping work bowl with a spatula as needed.
- Add dry ingredients to work bowl. Mix on low speed gradually adding the buttermilk; scraping bowl with a spatula as needed.
- Add and mix in oats, raisins, and optional walnuts.
- Drop by tablespoonful onto cookie sheets. Do not overcrowd as the cookies will flatten out.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Cookies will be golden brown and will spring back when touched lightly on top with finger.
- Cool for at least 5 minutes before removing from cookie sheet.