- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- One 6-ounce can pitted black olives, drained
- 3 anchovies, rinses and patted dry (optional)
- 3 tablespoons drained capers
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Crackers and/or bread of your choice
Combine tapenade ingredients in a food processor.
- Pulse until the mixture is still course, but of uniform consistency.
- Serve on crackers or bread.
Recipe from Joy of Cooking, by Irma S. Rombauer, Marion Rombauer Becker, and Ethan Becker. New York: Scribner (1997).