- 8-ounces of dried fusili pasta (3 cups)
- 6 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- ½ of a yellow or red pepper, finely chopped
- ¼ small red onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh basil, coarsely tear (or 1 tablespoon dried basil)
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- One 15.5-ounce can of garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- One 6-ounce can of pitted black olives (or one 6-ounce jar of kalamata olives); drained, pitted, and chopped into halves or quarters
- 1 cup coarsely grated Parmesan cheese
- 4-ounces mozzarella, either coarsely grated or, cut into small cubes (about 1 cup of cubes)
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Pour the cooked pasta into a strainer.
- Rinse with cold water until completely cooled; set aside.
- Prepare the vegetables and pour into a large serving bowl.
- Add the pasta to the bowl, gently toss with the chopped vegetables.
- Add Parmesan and mozzarella cheese, toss to incorporate.
- Prepare the double recipe of the Italian salad dressing.
- Pour the Italian salad dressing over the pasta and vegetable mixture.
- Gently toss to coat.