Chocolate Glazed Peanut Butter Bars
Ingredients to be Creamed:
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt (omit salt if using salted peanut butter)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup finely chopped salted and roasted peanuts
Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease an oblong 13x9x2 baking pan; set aside.
- Thoroughly cream butter and peanut butter.
- Add sugars and cream until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix in.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until well-blended.
- Press cookie dough into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven.
- Immediately sprinkle 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips over the baked crust.
- Let the chips soften and then spread evenly over the crust.
- Sprinkle the ½ cup finely chopped peanuts over the melted chocolate.
- Let cool on a rack.
- Cut into 2-inch squares and serve.