Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 40 minutes
Ingredients to be Creamed:
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1½ cups flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt (omit salt if using salted peanut butter)
- 1 cup extra dark semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375°. If using a convection oven choose the pure convection setting at 350°.
- Thoroughly cream butter and peanut butter.
- Add sugar and cream until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix in.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until well-blended.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Place 2-inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Criss-cross each ball with fork tines. If the fork is sticking too much, dip it in flour before criss-crossing.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool slightly on baking sheets then remove cookies to a cooling rack.