- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Refrigerator time: 2 hours or overnight
- Baking time: 20 minutes
Ingredients to be Creamed:
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- ⅛ teaspoon salt (omit of using salted butter)
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
In a work bowl cream butter.
- Add sugar and mix until butter and sugar are light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and mix in.
- Add flour and optional salt and mix on low speed until blended.
- Mix in finely chopped pecans.
- Tear off a 18-inch long piece of waxed paper and place on a flat surface.
- Place the dough in the center of the waxed paper.
- Gently roll the dough into a cylinder shape about 2-inches in diameter and approximately 14-inches in length.
- Wrap the waxed paper around the dough.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325°. If you are baking more than one sheet of cookies at a time and have a convection oven use the pure convection setting and preheat to 300°.
- Slice the dough into ¼-inch rounds.
- Place dough slices on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Immediately remove from cooking shees and cool on racks.