Pesto with Linguini Pasta
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- ⅓ cup pine nuts (or you can substitute walnuts for the pine nuts)
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound linguini noodles, cooked and drained
Place basil leaves, pine nuts, garlic, and Parmesan cheese in a food processor.
- With food processor running, slowly drizzle olive oil through the feed tube until the pesto is the consistency of a thick paste. Add olive oil in tablespoon increments if needed.
- Remove from food processor.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook linguini noodles according to package directions.
- Drain noodles.
- Add pesto to noodles and toss.