Pork Roast with Cranberry Glaze
- Roasting time: 30 minutes per pound
- One 3 to 5-pound top loin boneless pork roast, doubled and tied together with string
Preheat oven to 325°.
- Place pork roast fat side up on a rack in a shallowing roasting pan. The rack keeps the meat out of the drippings.
- Insert a meat thermometer so tip is in center of thickest part of pork and does not rest in fat. Do not add water. Do not cover.
- Place roast fairly low in the oven.
- Prepare Cranberry Glaze. Separate out ½ cup for pork glaze and set remainder aside.
- After 45 minutes of cooking time, take the roast out of the oven and glaze with ½ cup of cranberry glaze.
- Place glazed roast back in oven.
- Roast to desired degree of doneness, using thermometer as final guide.
- For a boneless top lion double roast allow 30 minutes per pound.
- The meat thermometer should read 170° when the roast is done.