Ingredients to be Creamed:
- ½ cup butter, softened (1 stick)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon orange zest (zest from approximately 1 small orange)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
Nuts and Raisins:
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- ½ cup raisins
Preheat oven to 375°. If using pure convection oven preheat to 350°. Note: If you have a convection oven, you would use the convection setting if you are baking more than one cookie sheet at a time.
- Lightly grease cookies sheets and set aside. Click here to learn more about how to grease cookie sheets.
- Cream butter.
- Add brown sugar and cream together until light and fluffy.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in pumpkin and orange peel.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well; scraping down sides of bowl with spatula.
- Stir in nuts and raisins.
- Drop by tablespoonful onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. The cookies will spread out as they bake so do not crowd.
- Bake until light orange/golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes (will bounce back to touch of finger, much like a cake when it is done).
- Remove from cookie sheet and cool on racks.
- Once cool, frost with ½ a recipe of cream cheese frosting.