Crisped Rice Treats
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Cooling Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
Butter For the Pan:
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter for greasing the pan
- 3 tablespoons butter
- One 10-ounce package regular marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups crisped rice cereal
Tools for Spreading Mixture in Pan:
- 1 tablespoon butter
Generously coat the bottom and sides of a 9x13 oblong glass or ceramic baking dish.
- Butter a spatula with 1 tablespoon butter and set aside.
- On low heat melt 3 tablespoons butter in a large saucepan or Dutch oven.
- Add marshmallows to pan and stir constantly until completely melted.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Add crisped rice cereal to saucepan.
- Gently stir until the cereal is well-coated with the melted butter and marshmallows.
- Using the buttered spatula, press mixture into the prepared pan.
- Cool and cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.