Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil for pan
- 1½ to 2 pounds of fresh Brussels Sprouts, trimmed and halved
- ½ small onion, sliced into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 375°.
- Spread 1 tablespoon olive oil over the bottom of a 9x13 oblong baking dish or a 10 to 13-inch cast iron skillet; set aside.
- Wash and trim Brussels sprouts.
- To trim, slice off the bottom of the stem and remove any loose or damaged leaves.
- Slice the sprouts vertically in half and place in a large mixing bowl. If the sprouts are extremely large in size, slice vertically into thirds.
- Add onion slices to the bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, garlic, balsamic vinegar, salt, and black pepper.
- Pour the marinade over the Brussels sprouts and onion slices and toss lightly.
- Spread the sprouts over the bottom of the baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered for 30 to 40 minutes, tossing once about 15 minutes into the baking time.
- Roast until sprouts are nicely browned and easily pierced with a paring knife.