- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Roasting time: 20 to 30 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 head of garlic
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Aluminum foil
To roast in oven, preheat oven to 350°.
- To roast on the grill, preheat grill on direct high heat.
- Turn off middle burner and turn heat down to medium-low on remaining two burners.
- You want the temperature of the grill to be about 350°.
- Cut top off of garlic head, making sure each individual clove has the tip cut off so you can squeeze the garlic out easily once it's roasted.
- Drizzle with olive oil
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Tightly wrap each garlic head in double layer of foil, making sure edges of foil are crimped tightly together.
- Roast in the oven or on the grill for about 30 minutes, or until the head of garlic feels soft when squeezed with tongs.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Remove garlic from the foil.
- Remove the roasted garlic from the papery peels by squeezing the bottom of each clove. The roasted garlic clove will ease right out of the peel.
- The roasted garlic will have a caramelized color and will be very soft.