- 4-5 large ripe tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped (remove seeds for less heat)
- 1 serrano pepper (optional), finely chopped (remove seeds for less heat)
- 8 scallions, rinsed, finely sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
Add all ingredients to a medium-sized bowl.
- Gently toss together.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Joy of Cooking, by Irma S. Rombauer, Marion Rombauer Becker, and Ethan Becker. New York: Scribner (1997).