Thai Satay Peanut Sauce
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
Ingredients to Cook:
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons curry powder
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon red cayenne pepper (omit for less heat)
Ingredients to Add After Sauce Is Cooked:
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon soy sauce
In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, curry powder, peanut butter, chicken stock, ginger, and cayenne pepper.
- Bring the ingredients in the saucepan to a simmer, stirring occasionally until smooth and thickened; about 5 minutes.
- If sauce is too thick, add additional chicken stock 1 tablespoon at a time until the right consistency is reached.
- Remove from heat and whisk in lime juice and soy sauce.