- 1 head of cauliflower, separated into florets and steamed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon zaatar spice mix (optional)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Steam cauliflower florets until tender but not mushy (paring knife should easily pierce a stem); 10 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from steamer and set aside.
- Heat olive oil on medium-high heat in a skillet, preferably cast iron.
- Add steamed cauliflower florets to skillet.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and optional zaatar spice.
- Add garlic.
- Toss and cook uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Add balsamic vinegar and toss.
- Cook until florets are golden brown in color and garlic is nicely crisped and brown.