- 1 bunch of kale leaves, rinse, remove stems, and loosely chop
- ¼ to ½ cup water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Rinse the kale leaves off in cold water. Shake off excess water or pat dry with a dish towel.
- Remove leaves from stems and loosely chop into bite-size pieces.
- Discard stems.
- Place kale leaves in a wok.
- Add water.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add garlic and toss.
- Cover and let simmer on low heat for 15 to 20 minutes; tossing occasionally. Check the kale every 5 minutes and add more water if the wok seems dry.
- During last 5 minutes of cooking add balsamic vinegar. Toss and cook uncovered. The water will evaporate off and allow the kale to crisp up a bit.
- Kale is cooked when leaves are tender and garlic is golden brown in color.