Sliced Chocolate Pecan Cookies
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Refrigeration time: 2 hours or overnight
- Baking time: 8 to 10 minutes
Butter and Sugar:
- 1 cup of butter, room temperature (2 sticks)
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt (omit if using salted butter)
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
Semisweet Chocolate Chips:
- ⅔ cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in egg and vanilla.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, and salt; mix well.
- Add finely chopped pecans and mix well.
- Place an 18-inch long piece of waxed paper on a flat surface.
- Place the dough in the center of the waxed paper.
- Gently roll the dough into a cylinder shape about 3-inches in diameter and approximately 11-inches in length.
- Wrap the waxed paper around the dough.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. If you are baking more than one sheet of cookies at a time and have a convection oven use the pure convection setting and preheat to 325°.
- Lightly grease cookie sheets; set aside. Click here to learn more about how to grease cookie sheets.
- Slice the dough into ¼-inch rounds.
- Place dough slices on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until barely firm to the touch.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheets and cool on racks.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a bowl over a pan of simmering water or in a microwave.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate chips over the cookies.
- Allow the melted chocolate to set then serve.