Steamed Brussels Sprouts
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 8 to 15 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound Brussels Sprouts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
Fill a medium-sized saucepan with 1 to 2-inches of water
- Place steamer basket in saucepan.
- Pull loose leaves from around the stems of each Brussels sprout.
- Trim the stems.
- Use a paring knife to cut an X in the bottom of each stem. This will allow the sprouts to cook more evenly.
- Bring the water in the steamer to a simmer.
- Place sprouts in steamer basket.
- Steam until tender when pierced with the tip of a paring knife, 8 to 15 minutes.
- Remove sprouts to a serving dish.
- Add butter, salt, and black pepper to the sprouts. Toss to coat.