Sunflower Seed Butter Cookies
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Refrigeration time: 4 hours
- Baking time: 10 minutes
Ingredients to be Creamed:
- 1½ cups butter (3 sticks), softened
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 1¼ cups brown sugar
- 1½ cups sunflower seed butter, chilled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
Beat butter until fluffy.
- Add sugars and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add sunflower seed butter and beat until well blended.
- Beat in vanilla and eggs.
- Gradually beat in flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate dough for 4 hours or more. Overnight is ideal.
- Preheat oven to 375°. If using pure convection oven preheat to 350°. Note: If you have a convection oven, you would use the convection setting if you are baking more than one cookie sheet at a time.
- Lightly grease cookie sheets. Click here to learn more about how to grease cookie sheets.
- Roll tablespoons of dough into balls with your hands. Place about 3-inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Dip a fork in flour and press onto tops of cookies, making a criss-cross pattern on each cookie.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until golden brown; careful not to burn bottoms of cookies.
- Cool on baking sheets and transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Recipe from Trader Joe's Frequent Flyer, 2010.