Tandoori Chicken with Yogurt Sauce
- Marinating time: 30 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour
Chicken Marinade Ingredients:
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup Tandoori Marinade
- Salt and pepper to taste
Make a recipe of tandoori marinade (recipe makes 1 cup of marinade).
- Save out ½ cup marinade and refrigerate the rest.
- Place chicken breasts in shallow dish.
- Coat chicken breasts with ½ cup tandoori marinade.
- Refrigerate covered 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 475°.
- Transfer chicken to a shallow metal baking pan. I find the bottom part of a broiler pan works best.
- Roast 25 to 30 minutes or until thickest part of breast is tender.
- **Note: You can also grill the chicken on a grill at 400° to 450° for approximately the same amount of time as you would allow in the oven. If you do not have a temperature reading on your grill try a medium-low setting.
- While the chicken is cooking, peel and seed the apples and coarsely grate into a bowl.
- Add cilantro and the leftover ½ cup tandoori marinade to the apple mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve apple mixture alongside chicken.
Recipe adapted from Food Everday: Great Food Fast, by Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc. New York: Clarkson Potter Publishers (2007).