- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons oil that can withstand high heat (safflower, canola)
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons finely minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garam masala blend
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
Place ingredients in a small bowl.
- Whisk thoroughly and serve.
Recipe from Joy of Cooking, by Irma S. Rombauer, Marion Rombauer Becker, and Ethan Becker. New York: Scribner (1997).