Toasted Pecan Blondies
For Single recipe
(Makes 16 blondies)
- One 8-inch square baking pan, sides and bottom buttered
- 1 cup coarsely broken toasted pecans pieces
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt (omit if using salted butter)
- ½ cup butter (1 stick), browned
- ⅔ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
For Double recipe
(Makes 32 blondies)
- One 13x9 oblong baking pan, sides and bottom buttered
- 2 cups coarsely broken toasted pecans pieces
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt (omit if using salted butter)
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), browned
- 1⅓ cups dark brown sugar
- 2 egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spread the pecan pieces in a shallow baking pan.
- Toast the pecans, stirring occasionally until they are lightly browned; 5 to 8 minutes.
- Remove pecans from oven and set aside.
- Butter sides and bottom of baking pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients; set aside.
- Place the butter in a large saucepan.
- Melt the butter and then bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until light golden brown; about 4 minutes.
- Remove the butter from the heat.
- Stir the brown sugar into the browned butter.
- When the sugar and butter mixture is barely cool stir in the moist ingredients until well-combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture stirring until combined.
- Mix in the toasted pecans.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove pan to a rack and cool completely.
- Cut the blondies into 1-inch squares.