Vanilla Sandwich Cremes
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Refrigeration time: 4 to 24 hours
- Baking time: 8 minutes
Ingredients to be Creamed:
- 1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix in.
- Mix in flour and salt.
- Lightly flour a work surface
- Split the dough in half and place on floured work surface.
- Shape the dough into a large log shape.
- Using the palms of your hands roll each log out until it is approximately 2-inches in diameter and about 12 to 14-inches long.
- Wrap each roll in a piece of waxed paper.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400°. If using a convection oven choose the pure convection setting on 375°.
- Lightly grease cookies sheets and set aside. Click here to learn more about how to grease cookie sheets.
- Slice the dough into ⅛-inch pieces.
- Place slices on cookie sheets.
- Bake until firm, but not hard; approximately 6 minutes. Do Not Overbake!
- Cool completely on racks.
- Make the buttercream frosting.
- Spread about 1 teaspoon of buttercream frosting on a cookie, top with a second cookie to make a sandwich creme.