Whipped Chocolate Ganache Pie
- Ganache Chilling Time: 2 to 4 hours
- Pie Crust Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 2 to 4 hours 30 minutes
- 1 cup heavy whipped cream
- 4-ounces dark semisweet chocolate; finely chopped (You can substitute ¾ cup dark chocolate chocolate chips which don't require chopping.)
Prepare the ganache at least 4 to 6 hours in advance of when you need to use it.
- To prepare the ganache, bring heavy whipped cream to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Remove from heat and whisk in chocolate.
- Cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Whisk until perfectly smooth. Scrap bottom of pan with spatula to make sure all chocolate is melted.
- Cover and chill for at least several hours.
- While the ganache is chilling prepare the graham cracker pie crust or the baked sweet pie shell
and set aside.
- Remove the chilled ganache from the refrigerator.
- With a hand mixer, beat chilled ganache on medium speed just until the ganache is thickened and begins to hold a shape; do no overbeat.
- Fill the pie crust with the whipped chocolate ganache.