Zucchini Chocolate Chip Chili Spice Cookies
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Baking time: 10 to 12 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
Ingredients to be Creamed:
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups finely shredded zucchini
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ancho chili powder (mild, sweet chili powder)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375°. If using pure convection oven preheat to 350°. Note: If you have a convection oven, you would use the convection setting if you are baking more than one cookie sheet at a time.
- Lightly grease cookie sheets. Click here to learn more about how to grease cookie sheets.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in egg, vanilla, and zucchini.
- Add dry ingredients to work bowl and mix in.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonful on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until finger leaves no indentation.