- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 40 minutes
- Cooling Time: 60 minutes
- Frosting Time: 15 minutes
- Total time: Approximately 1 hour 35 minutes
Moist Ingredients and Sugar:
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Carrots and Pineapple:
- 2½ cups peeled and shredded carrot (approximately 2-4 large carrots)
- ½ cup crushed pineapple with juice
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- ¾ cup raisins or currants
Preheat oven to 325°.
- For a 3-layer cake grease and flour three round 8-inch pans. For a 2-layer cake grease and flour two round 9-inch pans. For rectangular cake grease and flour a 13x9x2 oblong pan.
- Click here for instructions on how to prepare cake pans for baking.
- Mix eggs, oil, and vanilla for 2 minutes on medium-high speed.
- Add shredded carrot and pineapple; mix until combined.
- Add dry ingredients to work bowl. Fold into moist mixture on low speed. After it has been folded in mix on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Mix in optional nuts and raisins or currants.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pans.
- If you are making three 8-inch round or two 9-inch round cakes bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack for exactly 10 minutes; turn the cake out of the pans and cool on a rack for another 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Click here to see how to how to remove cakes from pans.
- Cool completely on a rack before frosting.
- If you are making an oblong cake bake 35 to 40 minutes. Leave the cake in the cake pan and cool completely on a rack before frosting the top.