Coleslaw With A Sweet Oil and Vinegar Dressing
- ½ head cabbage, shredded using a food processor, chef's knife, or a grater
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil or equivalent vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
Combine shredded cabbage and shredded carrot in a large bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine sugar, vinegar, oil, salt, and black pepper. Whisk until incorporated and sugar has dissolved.
- Add sauce to cabbage mixture. Mix together.
Recipe from Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book, Des Moines: Meridith Corporation (1979).