- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- ½ head cabbage, shredded using a food processor, chef's knife, or a grater
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- ½ cup raisins (optional) (If using coleslaw for pulled pork sandwiches, omit raisins)
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon celery seed
Combine shredded cabbage and shredded carrot in a large bowl.
- Add optional raisins.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine dressing ingredients. Whisk until incorporated and sugar has dissolved.
- Add dressing to cabbage mixture. Mix together.
Recipe from Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book, Des Moines: Meridith Corporation (1979).