Crunchy Sliced Peanut Cookies
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Refrigerator time: 4 hours or overnight
- Baking time: 6 to 8 minutes
Ingredients to be Creamed:
- 1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
- ⅔ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (omit if using salted butter and salted peanuts)
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup dry, roasted unsalted peanuts, coarsely chopped
In a work bowl cream butter and peanut butter.
- Add sugar and mix until light and fluffy.
- Add moist ingredients and mix in.
- Add flour and mix on low speed until blended.
- Mix in the coarsely chopped peanuts.
- Tear off three 18-inch long pieces of waxed paper and place on a flat surface.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal parts and place on the waxed paper.
- Shape each part into a roll 1½-inches in diameter and about 7-inches long.
- Wrap waxed paper around each roll.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Lightly grease cookies sheets and set aside. Click here to learn more about how to grease cookie sheets.
- Preheat oven to 400°. If you are baking more than one sheet of cookies at a time and have a convection oven use the pure convection setting and preheat to 375°.
- Slice the dough into ¼-inch rounds.
- Place dough slices on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake until set, 6 to 8 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheets and cool on a rack. Cookies are very delicate so take care when removing from cookie sheets.