Jam Thumbprints Without Nuts
Ingredients to be Creamed:
- ⅔ cups butter, softened (11 tablespoons)
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2¼ cups flour
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup raspberry jam, or tart jam of your choice (Do not use spreadable fruit)
Preheat oven to 350°. If using a convection oven use the pure convection setting preheated to 325°.
- Lightly grease cookie sheets; set aside. Click here to learn more about how to grease cookie sheets.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in egg and vanilla
- Add flour and salt; mix well.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place on cookie sheet.
- Indent center of each dough ball with thumbprint, making the hole as deep as possible. You may have to do a little bit of shaping with your fingers.
- Fill each thumbprint with a scant ¼ to ½ teaspoon of raspberry jam or tart jam of your choice. To prevent the jam from overflowing over the edges of the cookies, do not overfill the indentations.
- Bake for 10 o 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool on a rack and serve.