Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Coconut Bars
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Baking time: 20 minutes
Ingredients to Cream:
- 1¼ cups butter, softened (2½ sticks)
- 1¼ cups brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup dark semi-sweet chocolate chips (half of a 12-ounce bag)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet; set aside. Click here to learn more about how to grease cookie sheets.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy on medium high speed.
- Add egg, egg yolks, and vanilla; mix until incorporated. Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to separate eggs.
- Add flour, salt, and baking powder. Blend into butter mixture, scraping sides as you go.
- Add oats, coconut, chocolate chips, and optional walnuts. Mix on low speed until incorporated.
- Turn dough out onto cookie sheet. Using the palm of your hand press dough to cover the bottom of the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown in color and firm to the touch in the middle of the pan.
- Cool, cut into bars. Serve.