Slow Roasted Winter Ribs
- Dry rub time: 2 to 8 hours
- Roasting time: 3½ hours
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 4 pounds baby back or spareribs
- 1 recipe homemade barbecue sauce or store bought barbecue sauce of your choice
In a small bowl, whisk dry rub ingredients.
- Rub dry rub over ribs, wrap in foil, and refrigerate for 2 to 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 275°.
- Remove foil from ribs.
- Place ribs in a roasting pan in one layer.
- Bake for about 2½ to 3½ hours, or until the ribs are cooked through and very tender when pierced with a fork; pouring off accumulated fat every 30 minutes or so.
- Measure out ¼ cup barbecue sauce into a small bowl to be used for basting the ribs.
- Pour the remainder of the barbecue sauce into a serving bowl and set aside.
- When the ribs are cooked through brush with ¼ cup barbecue sauce and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve with the remainder of the barbecue sauce.