Strawberry, Spinach, and Baby Kale Salad With Roasted Chicken or Turkey and Bacon
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
Dressing Ingredients For Blender:
- ⅓ cup fresh strawberries, rinsed and hulled
- ¼ cup olive oil or vegetable oil of your choice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
Remaining Dressing Ingredients:
- 2 teaspoons sugar (increase to 3 teaspoons if strawberries are on the tart side)
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1½ teaspoons poppy seeds
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Dash of red cayenne pepper
Spinach and Baby Kale:
- 4-ounces baby spinach leaves (about 6 cups loose spinach leaves)
- 4-ounces baby kale (about 6 cups loose spinach leaves)
- ½ cup fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
Roasted Turkey or Chicken and Bacon:
- 8-ounces of roasted chicken or turkey, diced (1 to 1½ cups)
- ¼ cup crumbled cooked bacon (2 to 3 slices, fried and crumbled)
Cook the bacon until crisp. Let cool, crumble and set aside.
- In a blender, purée ⅓ cup hulled strawberries, olive oil, and white wine vinegar.
- Pour the puréed mixture into a small mixing bowl.
- Add sugar, garlic, poppy seeds, paprika, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper to the bowl.
- Whisk until incorporated; set aside.
- In a large, shallow serving bowl, combine the spinach leaves and kale.
- Pour the dressing over the greens and toss to incorporate.
- Sprinkle the roasted chicken and the crumbled bacon over the greens.
- Distribute the ½ cup sliced strawberries evenly over the turkey and bacon.
- Top with optional croutons and feta cheese.
- Serve immediately.