- 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream (buy the heaviest cream available)
- 2 teaspoons to 2 tablespoons sugar (add based on level of sweetness you desire)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla (optional)
Chill a medium-sized bowl and mixer beaters in the fridge for 10 to 15 minutes (this is especially important if your kitchen is warm).
- Pour cream into bowl.
- Beat with a mixer on medium high speed until cream begins to thicken.
- Add sugar (taste a small amount to determine sweetness).
- Add vanilla.
- Continue to beat until the cream forms soft or stiff peaks, as you prefer.
- Do not over beat or the cream will separate.
- Use immediately.