- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup milk
Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat.
- In a small bowl mix flour, salt, and pepper.
- Add flour mixture to saucepan.
- Whisk flour mixture into the butter until smooth in consistency.
- Add milk.
- Whisk milk into flour and butter mixture.
- Turn the heat up to medium-low.
- Stir constantly until mixture thickens and bubbles.
- Remove from heat and serve.