Zucchini Chocolate Cake
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Baking time: 30 to 40 minutes
- Cooling time: 1 hour
Ingredients to mix in a large bowl:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 cups finely grated zucchini (squeeze excess water out)
Dry ingredients to mix into moist:
- 2½ cups flour
- ½ cup cocoa
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour a 9x13x2 baking pan.
- On medium speed mix together sugar, oil, eggs, vanilla and buttermilk for 1 minute.
- Add zucchini and mix until just incorporated.
- Add dry ingredients to moist ingredients and mix until well-blended.
- Add optional nuts.
- Pour batter into baking pan.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a rack before frosting.
- Frost with chocolate buttercream frosting