Grilled Swordfish Steaks
- Marinating time: 30 minutes
- Cooking time: 6 to 8 minutes
- 4 Swordfish Steaks
- ½ cup teriyaki sauce of your choice
- Safflower Oil or other oil that can withstand high heat.
Place swordfish steaks in a shallow glass baking dish.
- Pour teriyaki sauce over the steaks.
- Turn steaks to coat each side with the sauce.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes; turning half way through.
- Preheat the grill on direct high heat.
- Oil the grill grates. To oil the grates fold a paper towel into a small rectangle. Soak the paper towel with an oil that can withstand high heat. Hold the paper towel with tongs and rub over the grates.
- Grill steaks on direct high heat until done, 6 to 8 minutes total; turning steaks once.
- Swordfish will be done when it is opaque in color and firm to the touch.
- Remove fish to a platter. It will finish cooking between the grill and the serving plate.