- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Baking time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 45 minutes
For Single recipe
(serves 4 to 6)
- One 8x8x2-inch square baking pan, buttered
- 4 cups, fresh thinly sliced peaches (leave skins on)
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- ⅔ packed brown sugar
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup oats
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon ground nutmeg
For Double recipe
(serves 8 to 12)
- One 9x13x2-inch rectangular baking pan, buttered
- 8 cups, fresh thinly sliced peaches (leave skin on)
- ⅔ cup butter, melted
- 1⅓ cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1½ teaspoons ground nutmeg
Preheat oven to 375°.
- Butter the sides and bottom of the baking pan and set aside.
- Pour melted butter for crisp into a large bowl.
- Add brown sugar to butter and mix until incorporated.
- Add flour, oats, and spices to the bowl.
- Gently mix the ingredients together.
- Prepare the peaches by removing the pits and thinly slicing them. (Leave the peach skins on.)
- Sprinkle the crisp mixture over the peaches.
- Bake until topping is golden brown and the peaches are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Recipe from Betty Crocker's Cookbook. New York: Golden Press (1980).