Boneless Ham (Fully Cooked)
- Baking time: 20 minutes per pound
- ½ ham at 3 pounds: 1 hour
- Whole ham at 6 pounds: 2 hours
- 1 fully cooked half or whole boneless ham (boneless hams range approximately from 2 to 7 pounds)
- 1 recipe glaze for baked ham
- 10 to 20 whole cloves
Preheat oven to 325°. Position a rack in the lower third of the oven.
- Allow 20 minutes per pound when calculating how long to bake a fully cooked ham. For example, if the ham weighs 8 pounds, the cooking time would be 2 hour and 40 minutes.
- A fully cooked half ham will weigh approximately 3 to 4 pounds. Cooking time for a 3 pound ham would be 1 hour.
- Place the ham in a shallow roasting pan.
- Insert whole cloves at 2-inch intervals over the top of the ham.
- Once you have determined your baking time, plan to brush on the glaze for baked ham 30 minutes before the ham is finished baking.
- A fully cooked ham is done when the a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the meat reads 140°.
- When the ham is done, remove from the oven to a platter, cover loosely with aluminum foil, and let stand for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remember that the internal temperature of the meat will rise 5° while it is resting.
- Carve and serve.