How To Shape and Bake Cloverleaf Rolls
Prepare dough through first rise.
- If you are using the recipe for Grandma Dorothy's Potato Refrigerator Rolls remove dough from refrigerator one hour before shaping rolls to allow it to come to room temperature.
- Remove dough from bowl to a lightly floured surface, cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Grease 24 standard muffin cups; set aside.
- Divide dough into 24 portions. A pastry scraper is a good tool to use for cutting the dough.
- Divide each of the 24 portions of dough into 3 equally sized pieced. You should end up with 72 small pieces.
- Roll each of the 72 pieces into a smooth ball.
- Place 3 balls in each prepared muffin cup.
- Cover with a dry flour sack towel and let rise in warm place until almost double, about 1 hour.
- To make rolls, preheat oven to 400°.
- Brush the tops of the rolls with melted butter.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Makes 24 rolls.