How To Shape and Bake Parker House Rolls
Prepare dough through first rise.
- Grease 2 cookie sheets; set aside.
- Roll out dough until ½-inch thick.
- Cut dough with a floured 3 to 3½-inch round biscuit cutter.
- Make a crease barely off center on each dough round with the back edge of a knife.
- Fold at crease, pressing down slightly.
- Place shaped dough 2-inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Cover with a dry flour sack towel and let rise in warm place until almost double, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°. If you have a convection oven and are baking more than one sheet of rolls, preheat the oven on pure convection to 375°.
- Brush the tops of the rolls with melted butter.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Makes 16 to 18 rolls.