Pork Fried Rice
- Rice cooked and refrigerated in advance: 4 to 24 hours
- Ingred. prep time: 20 minutes
- Frying rice: 10 to 15 minutes
- Total time: Approximately 4½ hours
- 4 cups cold, cooked rice (cook the rice in chicken broth)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
Oil for cooking:
- ½ cup frozen peas, cooked and drained
- 2 carrots, chopped and cooked until tender
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced scallions
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- Salt to taste
Cook rice anywhere from 4 to 24 hours in advance.
- Refrigerate rice for at least 4 hours.
- Cut up pork and set aside.
- Place eggs in a small bowl and beat slightly with a fork
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- Add eggs frying pan.
- Sprinkle eggs with salt and pepper.
- Fry eggs on one side and then turn and fry on other side.
- Remove eggs from frying pan. Cool and cut into small pieces.
- In a large bowl mix together rice, pork, eggs, peas, carrots, and garlic.
- Heat ¼ cup oil in a large frying pan on medium-high heat.
- Add rice mixture to frying pan.
- Mix in soy sauce and chicken broth.
- Add salt to taste.
- Cook until mixture is light golden brown on bottom. With a large spatula, gently flip the rice mixture so top portion browns.
- Add scallions and toss to incorporate.